CHOOSING YOUR PATH
Grail Knight: You must choose. But choose wisely, as the true grail will bring you life, and the false grail will take it from you.
As artists, assigning you a "level" is a tricky thing. It's all subjective! though, we have created this quick AW Standards Guide for you in case you need a bit of help choosing what courses suits you best.
What's my level?
- You are just starting. 0 years of experience animating
- You don't have any Maya neither Animation knowledge
- You have less than 1 year of experience animating
- You have some basic knowledge of maya (i.e layouts, constrains, channel box and basic graph editor )
- You have basic knowledge on the principles of animation
- You have animated successfully bouncing balls and have +3 month of posing practice.
- 1 to 3 years of experience animating
- Standard knowledge of Maya
- You have completed animations on walk and run cycles, emotional changes , pantomimes and basic facial animation with no dialogue.
- + 3 years of experience animating
- High knowledge of Maya
- You have completed animations on action shots ( i.e jumps, runs, kicks, weight ... ) and acting dialogue.
One of the best ways to learn is by "following your gut" . As our variety of courses grow in AW we will tag them with key words that may help you choose those themes, techniques or styles that your may be interested to pick your next course.
What do I like most?
Need a hand choosing? Questions?*